For easy usage of the cref (Cross Reference) system, a consistent conversion from titles to slugs is desired. Therefore all titles should be converted to slugs as follows from now on and existing slugs should be corrected where needed:
- All characters should be lowercase.
- All spaces are converted to dashes.
- Any repetitive dashes (due to converting spaces) are to be replaces by a single dash.
- Ampersands (&) should be converted to ‘and’.
- All non-alphanumeric characters that are not dashes are to be removed (dots, commas, various opening/closing brackets and quotation marks, exclamation points, question marks, etc.)
- Special characters (i.e. French) are to be converted to normal characters.
- The following should be removed from the slug start: “the”, “theme from”.
Examples of correct conversions:
- L’Opera Sauvage = lopera-sauvage
- Industrial Revolution, part 2 = industrial-revolution-part-2
- Tubbs & Valerie = tubbs-and-valerie
- Équinoxe = equinoxe
- Theme from “Airwolf” = airwolf
- The A-Team = a-team